Connect with us

Sammy Hagar is grateful he reconnected with EDDIE VAN HALEN before his death.

The former Van Halen bandmates fell out when guitarist Sammy left the band but in the months leading up to Eddie’s death in October following a cancer battle, they buried the hatchet.

Sammy, 73, told Variety: “Poor Eddie, broke my heart, but thank God we connected before [he died]. I heard he was in bad shape and I wanted to reach out; I finally said, ‘I’m just calling him.'”

However, tracking down Eddie, 65, proved difficult as Sammy no longer had his number.

He explained: “I was calling his brother, I was calling his manager, I was calling his friends, and I’d say, ‘Hey, tell Ed, give him my phone number. Tell him if he ever wants to talk to me, I really, really want to talk it out, help him and see what I can do’. I [told them], ‘I want to be his friend, I want to bury the hatchet,’ but they never got it done.”

And, eventually, it was mutual friend George Lopez who brought the pair back together.

Sammy said: “George is a dear friend and he was Eddie’s friend and he said, ‘Sammy, Eddie’s in bad shape, he loves you brother, you need to reach out.’ I said, ‘Give me his f****** number and I’ll make sure I call him.’

“I said, ‘Why don’t you respond? I’ve been reaching out’, and Ed said, ‘Why didn’t you call me? Don’t f****** call my brother, f****** call me!’ And I said, ‘I love you man,’ and it was like, boom, we were good. It was a beautiful thing.”

Sammy also confirmed that he had been in talks about joining a Van Halen reunion tour with Eddie, Alex Van Halen and David Lee Roth before Eddie’s death.

He said: “Eddie and Al and Irving Azoff, their manager [and] my dear friend, we were looking at doing the reunion tour with everybody, which is the way it had to be. I’ve been pushing for that for 10 years. I was ready to put [any differences] aside. Let’s go give the fans the biggest band in the world, you know what I mean? You don’t get bigger than Van Halen, and the fans deserve to see it all, hear every song.”



Source link

0

Entertainment

Cheryl | Cheryl leads names confirmed for The Mighty Hoopla 2021

cheryl 2226138

Cheryl, Eve and En Vogue lead the names playing The Mighty Hoopla 2021.

The former Girls Aloud star, the ‘Gotta Man’ hitmaker and the R&B vocal group have been confirmed for the rescheduled 2020 event, which was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The likes of Becky Hill, Atomic Kitten, Gabrielle, former Communards singer Jimmy Somerville and RAYE will also play South London’s Brockwell Park on September 4.

The music extravaganza had originally been scheduled for June.

However, the organisers were “given the go-ahead by Lambeth Council for the later date, allowing a Mighty Hoopla the way it should be – all singing, all dancing.”

Several festivals in the UK are still pushing ahead with their preparations to host their events this year, including the Isle of Wight Festival and Download Festival.

However, Glastonbury, which was due to take place in June, has been postponed until 2022.

A statement released via the official Glastonbury Twitter page read: “With great regret, we must announce that this year’s Glastonbury Festival will not take place, and that this will be another enforced fallow year for us.

“In spite of our efforts to move heaven & earth, it has become clear that we simply will not be able to make the festival happen this year. We are so sorry to let you all down.

“As with last year, we would like to offer all those who secured a ticket in October 2019 the opportunity to roll their £50 deposit over to next year, and guarantee the chance to buy a ticket for Glastonbury 2022.

“We are very appreciative of the faith and trust placed in us by those of you with deposits, and we are very confident we can deliver something really special for us all in 2022!”

“We thank you for the incredible continued support and let’s look forward to better times ahead.

“With love, Michael & Emily.”

Tickets for The Mighty Hoopla are on sale now via www.mightyhoopla.com.



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Raff Law | Raff Law’s style inspiration comes from the bands and movies he’s into

raff law 2226342

Raff Law’s style is inspired by the bands and films he loves.

The actor, musician and model – who is the son of Jude Law and Sadie Frost – has opened up about his fashion inspirations and how he’ll often copy the clothes worn in movies or by artists he listens to.

In recent times, the ‘Twist’ star has been paying homage to grunge legends Nirvana through his clothing choices.

Raff told GQ Hype: “I’ve always taken inspiration from bands I’ve been into, as well as cool films. I love ‘True Romance’. I started wearing Hawaiian shirts after I saw that, then I got really into Dr Martens and jeans when I watched ‘This Is England.’ Recently, I’ve become a huge Nirvana geek.”

The 24-year-old actor – who is the spitting image of his famous father – has previously modelled for the likes of Dolce & Gabbana and Topman, while he’s also the frontman of indie band Outer Stella Overdrive.

Elsewhere, Raff shared how his dad’s love of trainers got him into the footwear “from a young age”, while he insisted he always tries to be himself and laughs off comparisons made between himself and the 48-year-old actor.

He said: “I’m someone who really tries not to compare themselves to anyone else. I really try and ‘do me’. My dad’s my best mate; he and I have always been so close.

“Like any father and son, growing up I looked up to my dad a lot. I’ve always liked the way he dresses – he loves trainers, so that got me into trainers from a young age. He likes good music and that got me into the same.”



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Paul Smith | Paul Smith’s team pulled off a ‘miracle’ getting collection ready amid pandemic

paul smith 2226225

Paul Smith says it’s “a miracle” his eponymous brand managed to create an entire Autumn/Winter 2021 collection amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The 74-year-old fashion designer has hailed his team for managing to pull off the collection and show as an independent British firm.

He said: “As an independent British company – and I mean that, we are independent, as opposed to us having the backing of one of the big conglomerates – the fact we’ve put on a show and we’ve got an entire collection, it’s a real hats off to my team. They’ve done a miracle job. A real miracle. A lot of the brands haven’t been able to get anything together, they’re still working from sketches, they have tiny collections, if anything – so well done to us!”

Smith insisted he didn’t follow the trend of creating casual pieces fit for lockdown because he wanted to “excite people” with new pieces they can add to their wardrobes to jazz up their every day looks.

He told GQ: “I’ve intentionally not done that. It’s such an obvious thing. Due to lockdown, everyone’s doing sportswear, sportswear, sportswear – you know, hoodies, jogging bottoms, trainers, Birkenstocks … If you look at our e-commerce site now, which is around 45 per cent up on what it was last year, it’s nearly all casual clothing that’s selling, so I don’t need to show that. I need to show things that excite people, things that aren’t crazy and that you could easily add to your existing wardrobe, but aren’t just a hoodie or whatever.”

Smith is thankful to have a young team around him who are full of “energy”, as he admitted it’s been extremely “challenging” keeping his business going in these unprecedented times.

He added: “It’s an enormously challenging time. Business is really tough because nearly all of our shops are closed in Europe and then we’re also on restricted hours in some countries. Any company that says they’re not haemorrhaging money right now is not being truthful. Everyone’s going through complicated times, but, luckily, so far so good. We’re so full of positive spirits. I’ve got such a good young team around me – they have so much energy.”



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Trending