Connect with us

Courtney Hadwin has put her own spin on John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s 1971 festive classic, ‘Happy Xmas (War Is Over)’.

The British star – who was just 13 when she won the Golden Buzzer on ‘America’s Got Talent’ in 2018, after wowing the judges and viewers around the world with her cover of ‘Hard To Handle’ by Otis Redding – shows off her impressive powerhouse vocals on the magical cover of the protest hit.

Courtney, now 16, says she chose the Christmas classic – which was penned by the late Beatles legend and his wife in protest of the Vietnam war – because it couldn’t be more fitting this year, amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Courtney said: “I really wanted to sing this song because it feels like it relates to a lot that’s going on right now and how there’s a lot of healing to do in the new year.

“This year has been very hard on everyone, It’s been a time for us all to think about what’s important.”

The talented teen first appeared on the ‘The Voice Kids UK’ in 2017.

Since her stint on ‘America’s Got Talent’ and releasing her 2019 EP, ‘The Cover Sessions’ – which has over 15 million views on YouTube – Courtney has been working on her own original music and she’s now managed by Britney Spears’ manager, Larry Rudolph.

As per a press release, Courtney’s new material “will be refreshingly unencumbered by decade or genre”.

Courtney – who is inspired by the likes of Etta James, Tina Turner, James Brown and Janis Joplin – previously said it “felt like a dream” when judge Howie Mandel pressed his Golden Buzzer on ‘America’s Got Talent’.

She said: “It felt like a dream. It just didn’t feel real, it felt like I was watching TV.”



Source link

0

Entertainment

Josh Franceschi | You Me At Six land second number one album: ‘Put some respect on the name!’

josh franceschi with his number one album gong 2225292

You Me At Six has told their haters to “put some respect on the name” after their new album ‘SUCKAPUNCH’ debuted at number one on the Official Albums Chart.

The ‘Bite My Tongue’ hitmakers scored their second number one album on Friday (22.01.21) when their seventh studio album – which was released last week – debuted at the top spot, marking their first chart-topping record since 2014’s ‘Cavalier Youth’.

And after thanking their fans for the impressive feat, frontman Josh Franceschi also reached out to anyone who doubted the group over the years.

In an OfficialCharts.com video reaction clip, Josh said: “Thank you to our fans, you guys are incredible. Without you we wouldn’t be here after 15 years.

“Maybe most importantly, thank you to everyone who has caused us pain or wrote us off or said we were done. This is for you. We made this record for you, to remind you to put some respect on the name.”

‘SUCKAPUNCH’ also landed at number one on the Official Record Store Chart, after 85 percent of the album’s week one sales were physical copies, and half of those were purchased from independent record stores.

You Me At Six – who now have six top 10 albums to their name – beat Eminem to the top spot this week, as his 2019 chart-topper, ‘Music to be Murdered By’, placed at number three following the CD release of its B-side collection.

Elsewhere in the top five, Sleaford Mods scored their first ever top five album with ‘Spare Ribs’ debuting at number four, whilst US boyband Why Don’t We landed in fifth with their record, ‘The Good Times and The Bad Times’.

Meanwhile, in the Official Single’s Chart, 17-year-old Olivia Rodrigo has held the top spot for a second week running with her single ‘Drivers License’, whilst Anne-Marie’s collaboration with KSI and Digital Farm, ‘Don’t Play’, has debuted at number two.

Ariana Grande’s single ‘34+35’ has shot up eight places to number three after having narrowly missed out on a top 10 spot last week, and Little Mix’s ‘Sweet Melody’ has slipped down two places to fourth.

Rounding out the top five is Australian rapper The Kid Laroi with his single ‘Without You’.



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Glastonbury 2021 Cancelled: The first of many festivals, or just the biggest casualty?

glastonbury 2009 anthony devlin pa 7502317 2

“With great regret, we must announce that this year’s Glastonbury Festival will not take place,” came the not altogether unexpected announcement from the Glastonbury organisers. For the second year in a row the biggest festival in the UK, and one of the biggest in the world, will now not take place. Michael and Emily Eavis communicated their decision to pull the plug on this years event via a Twitter post on Thursday 21st January.   

Glastonbury Festival. Photo credit, Anthony Devlin, PA Images. 

With Government advice still not at all clear as to how and when venues and festivals may start to open up again the decision of the festival organisers is not entirely a surprise as many are speculating that it will be at least July at the earliest before events start up again. Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said “This regrettable but understandable decision is recognition that public health comes first and that right now, getting 200k fans together in just a few months looks very difficult to make safe”.

Glastonbury is a huge event and there is no doubt that this decision will not have been arrived at lightly. Logistically it is a massive operation to coordinate and with only five months to go until Glastonbury 2021 was due to go ahead Michael and Emily obviously saw that it wasn’t going to be possible given the current guildlines on social distancing and outside gatherings. Oliver Dowden added, “We continue to help the arts on recovery, including looking at problems around getting insurance. I’m sure Glastonbury will be back bigger and better next year” but not everyone empathises. 

The question now is, will other festivals follow suit? Will they have a choice and when will they decide. The chances of any of this years festivals going ahead was never odds on. The bigger the event, the bigger the organisation and arguably the bigger the disappointment. After yesterday’s announcement there was almost immediate speculation about Reading And Leeds. They have more time on their hands but that will slip away quickly as the pandemic continues to affect everyone’s daily lives. R&L put out this reply to allay fears. 

There was a glimmer of hope offered by Michael Eavis the day after the cancellation announcement as he told LBC Radio, “I would like to do something in September. I would like to do something smaller somewhere around the anniversary date of when we started, which was the 18th of September 1970. I would like to consider possibly doing something around that time.” We’ll have to wait and see and hope that something can be done, that maybe something can be salvaged and that not too many other festivals are affected. Until then, count the days!



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Hailey Bieber | Hailey Bieber swears by prenatal supplements for healthy and shiny hair

hailey bieber 2224655

Hailey Bieber “swears by” prenatal supplements to keep her hair healthy and shiny.

The 28-year-old model has revealed the secret to her luscious locks is taking vitamins intended for pregnant women, while not having her hair dyed all the time amid the COVID-19 pandemic has also worked wonders on her stunning blonde tresses.

She said: “My hair is so much healthier as a result of the pandemic. It’s because I’ve left it to its own devices and not dyed it in almost a year – aside from touching up the front slightly – but I really don’t care for highlights anymore.

Even so, I swear by prenatal supplements. I’ve gone through a lot of trial and error with supplements for healthy hair, but prenatal vitamins have been the most helpful. I can’t take biotin – if I do, I get really painful, deep breakouts. Most hair supplements marketed for growth don’t work for me, so I’ve been using prenatal vitamins for a while now as they give you essential nutrients, while keeping your skin and hair in great condition.”

Hailey – who is married to pop star Justin Bieber – also revealed she is often seen with a “slicked back” hairstyle because she uses a bunch of hydrating oils and masks on her hair.

She added to SheerLuxe.com: “Day-to-day, slicked back hair is my go-to style. Most of the time it’s because I have about four different oils or masks in there and I like to let it sit. I’ll apply loads – castor oil, coconut oil and also Christophe Robin’s lovely nourishing formulas. I like to load my hair with hydrating products, put it up in a bun for two days and let everything absorb.”

Meanwhile, Hailey recently revealed she tried following a plant-based diet in lockdown.

Alec Baldwin’s niece decided quarantine would be a good time to make a change to her diet and whilst she gave the plant-based option a go for eight weeks, it wasn’t for her.

She said: “I tried a plant-based diet for two months during quarantine. I felt great and I had a lot of energy, but it was not for me. I don’t eat a strictly plant-based diet and I do still eat meat. I just don’t eat a lot of it. I’ve picked up more fish, greens, and lentils.”



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Trending