Connect with us

Luca Guadagnino has teased that his ‘Scarface’ movie is an “amazing project”.

The 49-year-old director is to helm a new take on the iconic crime movie and has now hinted that it could be his next film.

When asked if the ‘Scarface’ adaptation would be his next flick, Luca replied: “I think the project is amazing. I have a great producer in Dylan Clark and a great studio in Universal, so if the gods of cinema want that, I’m in.”

Luca also praised the quality of the screenplay, which has been written by the Coen brothers.

He said: “It’s a great script. We’re working on that, yes.”

Guadagnino’s movie will be the third time ‘Scarface’ has hit the big screen after the 1932 original and the famous 1983 remake, which starred Al Pacino as Miami-based Cuban drug lord Tony Montana and he insists it will be a “worthy reflection” on the character and the time we live in now.

The filmmaker explained: “The first ‘Scarface’ from Howard Hawkes was all about the prohibition era. Fifty years later, Oliver Stone and Brian De Palma make their version, which is so different from the Hawkes film. Both can stand on the shelf as two wonderful pieces of sculpture.

“Hopefully ours, forty-plus years later, will be another worthy reflection on a character who is a paradigm for our own compulsions for excess and ambition. I think my version will be very timely.”

Luca also addressed the possibility of a sequel to coming-of-age romance ‘Call Me by Your Name’ and admits he would be keen to revisit the project – which starred Armie Hammer and Timothee Chalamet – in the future, citing the example of French director Francois Truffaut and his character Antoine Doinel.

When asked about a sequel, he explained to Collider: “I wouldn’t call it sequel. I would call it a chapter in the chronicles. It’s like Antoine Donel and (director) Francois Truffaut, who revisited a character he loved throughout his entire life. I’d love to do that. Let’s see.”



Source link

0

Entertainment

John Carpenter | John Carpenter set to release Lost Themes III in 2021

john carpenter 2169200

John Carpenter plans to release ‘Lost Themes III: Alive After Death’ in February.

The upcoming record will be the 72-year-old composer’s first album of non-soundtrack music in nearly five years.

John has reunited with Cody Carpenter and Daniel Davies to develop the new record, which is out on February 5, and he’s explained how their creative process works.

He shared: “We begin with a theme, a bass line, a pad, something that sounds good and will lead us to the next layer.

“We then just keep adding on from there. We understand each other’s strengths and weaknesses, how to communicate without words, and the process is easier now than it was in the beginning. We’ve matured.”

John has also created a string of much-loved movies during his career, including ‘Halloween’ and ‘Escape from New York’.

However, the acclaimed filmmaker doubts he would have enjoyed the same success or been given the same opportunities if he was an up-and-coming director in 2020.

He previously explained: “It was such a different time back then and the kind of movies were different. I started when you could actually make an exploitation film, a low-budget exploitation movie and get it into theatres. Nowadays it’s so ridiculously expensive. Could I succeed if I started today? Probably not. I’d be rejected.”

Asked how he feels about people remaking his movies, he said: “I love it, if they are going to pay me money. If they pay me, it’s wonderful. If they don’t pay me, I don’t care. I think it’s unfair if they don’t pay me.”



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Little Suspicions give the best description of their sound we’ve ever heard [EXCLUSIVE]

British indie-rock four-piece Little Suspicions give a unique insight into their sound in a new interview with Contactmusic. They also open up about COVID-19 has affected their musical plans, and release a new single entitled Wasting All My Time.

Little SuspicionsLittle Suspicions

For those who may be new to your music, how best would you describe your sound?

Moriccone and Orbison getting drunk and losing all their money at the Bellagio in Vegas. They decide to do a casino heist to get the money back. Kubrick does a movie about it, we provide the soundtrack. The sound is mixed by Spector but he has a tantrum and refuses to release the tapes and hides them in his huge LA mansion. But before going to prison he marked the spot on a treasure map. The tapes are then accidentally discovered 50 years later by David Attenborough who is still alive while he was doing a documentary about California wildfires. The music gets viral on Tik Tok, which is now only used by 80-year-old nostalgics. 

Answer 2: WET.

What challenges have you faced in the music industry so far?

This year, the Covid-19 situation. We started to tracking for our debut at our own studio back in February, lockdown meant that we had to work in isolation. The vocals were recorded remotely, as well as a lot of the orchestral elements. 

It can be hard to be taken seriously without any online presence (Thanks for the interview!) but the most difficult thing for us so far was choosing our band name.

How difficult would you say this career path is in terms of making a name for yourself?

In previous projects we always found it difficult, if you weren’t gigging all of the time people didn’t really take notice. Nowadays with Covid that’s totally out of the question, so we’ll see how this release goes. 

Its harder these days to make money, not that we’re in it for monetary gain. Maybe we should retrain and go down different career paths, according to the most recent government guidance. 

How important is it for you to have creative control over the work you produce?

Our violinist tried to change a few notes of the score that was sent, Moritz (Vocals) wasn’t having none of it.

Where do you draw influence and inspiration from for your work?

From deadlines, films, music and stuff that life throws at you. Lyrically, Conor finds it hard to make up stories or incidents that never happened, so he’s usually waiting for something bad or odd to happen to him to kick start a song. Mor is more thoughtful and regimented and will create lists, ideas and stories from photos and books to help create his work. Musically, The Beatles chord book is a good place to start, then add echo, verb and castanets.

If you could collaborate with anybody going forward, who would you choose and why?

We’d love to work with Liam Watson from Toe Rag, we love the sound he achieves and we feel he could whack us into better shape. If you’re reading this Liam, the kettle is on at our studio for ya… Failing that, Phil Spector seems a pleasant and easy guy to work with. 

Tell us a random, funny fact about you that not many people know.

We invented a new sports game: throwing a ball against the facade. The first who recovers it from the neighbour’s garden wins. It’s called Cornor.

Do you have definitive aims or goals for your career?

To have three singles written, recorded, mixed and out on the shelves by next year and to hopefully play our first live gig! The old ‘rona isn’t playing ball with our plans. Most importantly we need to get a band calendar. 

Where do you hope to be this time next year?

Would be nice to spend Halloween in the US. We could then buy costumes and play a show dressed up like the Blue Man Band.

What should we expect from you in the coming weeks and months?

Content, ’cause it helps with the algorithms. Our social media is going to be full of exclusive photos and videos of the band in and out of the studio. Expect studio releases, live sessions and live streams of the world changing game of Cornor.



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Harry Styles | Harry Styles invests in new live music venue

harry styles 2168589

Harry Styles feels like he is “coming home” after investing in a new live music arena.

The 26-year-old singer is “proud and excited” to also be helping with the design and development of Co-op Live, a £350 million venue, which will have a capacity of 23,500 when it opens within Manchester City Football Club’s Etihad Campus in 2023.

Harry – who is from nearby Cheshire – said: “Manchester is an incredible city, filled with incredible people, and I couldn’t be happier being involved in this project.

“It very much feels like coming home.

“I was drawn to this project on every level, from the opportunities it brings, to the contribution it will make to the city, and, most importantly, that it will allow even more live music to thrive in Manchester. It’s just another sign that this amazing city continues to grow.”

American entertainment company Oak View Group (OVG), who are building the arena, promised the ‘Golden’ singer will be “actively involved in the development of the project”, and that his “advice and consultation is going to be invaluable”.

Harry told the Financial Times of his involvement: “Obviously I’m not an expert architecturally, in terms of building an arena.

“I guess the weight of my involvement falls into the idea of what you want backstage as an artist. People operate in different ways after a show. Some people like a quiet space, some people like a place where you can invite all your friends.”

The former One Direction star – who shot to fame on ‘The X Factor’ and had his first audition for the show in Manchester in 2010 – joked he has “come full circle” with the development because of his first job as a teenager.

He said: “It feels like full circle for me to be doing this. My first job was with the Co-op, it was delivering papers for them.”



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Trending