Connect with us

Seth Macfarlane is set to turn Herman Wouk’s ‘The Winds of War’ and ‘War and Remembrance’ into a limited series.

The 46-year-old actor-and-writer – who created ‘Family Guy’ and co-created ‘American Dad!’ – has teamed up with the Universal Content Productions studio for the new project, which will be shopped around to various broadcasters and streaming services, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The award-winning star – who is co-writing the script for the series alongside Seth Fisher – said: ”I can’t think of a more exciting project with which to launch my creative partnership with Universal Content Productions than Herman Wouk’s ‘The Winds of War’.

”I’ve been a devoted fan of Wouk’s WWII epic for decades, and its depiction of small-scale human endurance in the face of large-scale global upheaval has never been more relevant than it is today.

”In my very first meeting with [Universal Content Productions president] Dawn Olmstead, we connected over this project – I learned that she herself comes from a Naval family – and to bring it to fruition under her stewardship and that of her Universal Content Productions team will be a perfect fit for all. We can’t wait to get started.”

Seth left his long-time home at 20th Television earlier this year as part of a money-spinning deal with NBCUniversal, the parent company of Universal Content Productions.

Wouk’s acclaimed books tell the story of an American family’s turbulent voyage across the continents during World War Two.

‘The Winds of War’ was published in 1971 and it was followed up seven years later by ‘War and Remembrance’.

The books – which were originally conceived as one volume – were also adapted for a highly successful miniseries on ABC in 1983.



Source link

0

Entertainment

Dixie D’Amelio Gets Sarcastic in Response to Critics Saying She Copies Sister Charli

00159966

Instagram

Taking to her Twitter account to respond to the critics, the social media star says, ‘I would like to publicly apologize for fixing my nose…i forgot its only one broken nose per family.’

AceShowbiz
Dixie D’Amelio simply wanted to open up about her plastic surgery journey. However, instead of receiving support from her social media followers, the TikTok star was accused of copying her sister, Charli D’Amelio, who recently also got her nose done.

Dixie shared on her TikTok account on Friday, September 18 a video of her sporting bandage after her surgery. Soon after the clip was uploaded, people started accusing her of copying her sister Charlie. “Why is Dixie trying to be like Charli,” one person said. “It’s the trying to be Charli for me,” another wrote.

Meanwhile, someone else was being sarcastic, “Suddenly the whole family got breathing problems?” On the other hand, an individual echoed the sentiment, “Didn’t know the whole family got broken noses and breathing problems.” There was also someone who said, “Charli: Time to get surgery. Dixie: Wait for me.”

Dixie caught wind of the accusation and refused to remain silent just like that. Getting all sarcastic, the 19-year-old social media star said, “I would like to publicly apologize for fixing my nose…i forgot its only one broken nose per family…i’m sorry for copying you [email protected] 🙁 wont happen again!!”

1600484765 71 Dixie DAmelio Gets Sarcastic in Response to Critics Saying She

She added in a separate tweet, telling her critics, “y’all better keep the same energy when charli gets her wisdom teeth out…istg.”

1600484765 903 Dixie DAmelio Gets Sarcastic in Response to Critics Saying She

Dixie had similar breathing problems like Charli, who revealed that she broke her nose last year and has been struggling to breathe ever since. Charli said at the time, “Fun story time so I broke my nose in August and ever since then I have had breathing problems in my right nostril. I was supposed to have surgery in November to fix it but then I started having problems in my left nostril and now I can barely breathe out of my nose at all.”