Connect with us

WENN

In a report by Los Angeles Times on July 31, four women accused the funnyman of sexual misconduct with actress Katherine Fiore Tigerman claiming that he raped him in 1999 at his home in Los Angeles.

AceShowbiz
Bryan Callen has announced that he will be taking an absence from his podcast amid sexual misconduct allegations that are leveled against him. After his initial denial, “The Goldbergs” actor took to Instagram on Sunday, August 2 to double down on his stance.

“When you’re in a situation like I am, you get a lot of advice from a lot of different people, and it usually falls into two different categories. They either tell you to post a statement and disappear or they say to lay low and let the news cycle pass you by,” the 53-year-old comedian said in a video. “Well, for better or for worse, I’m not doing any of that.”

“I never thought in a million years I would be sitting here defending myself against something I did not do 21 years ago,” he continued. “I categorically and absolutely deny all the allegations against me. I wanted you to see me say that, I didn’t want to post some stale statement. I wanted you to hear that come out of my mouth.”

“Those are not things that I could do, those are not things that I would ever do. That is not how I have ever lived my life,” Bryan stated. He also talked about #MeToo movement. While he said that it was “one of the most important movements of my lifetime, Bryan noted that it allowed anybody to “make an allegation against you and you are guilty until proven innocent. It’s just a fact that social media and the press alone can act as judge, jury and executioner… [so] when something like this happens, this is pretty much the only way you can defend yourself.”

Concluding his message, Bryan said that he would “obviously” be taking a “leave of absence” from his weekly podcast “The Fighter and the Kid”, which he co-hosts with Brendan Schaub.

In a report by Los Angeles Times on July 31, actress Katherine Fiore Tigerman accused him of raping her in 1999 at his home in Los Angeles. Retail employee Rachel Green also alleged she had been pinned against the wall of a changing room and forcibly kissed by Callen in 2009 while comedienne Tiffany King recalled being asked for a “b**wjob” by the actor in 2017 after having dinner together.

The fourth woman, Claire Ganshert, explained they began a consensual sexual relationship for four years after meeting in 2012, but she had no idea he was already married to Amanda Humphrey, who filed for divorce earlier this year.

In response to allegations, Bryan issued a statement which read, “Let me be very clear: I have never raped, forced myself upon any woman nor offered to trade stage time for sex. EVER. I know the truth. And I can only hold my head up high, remain true to myself, my family, my audience and know that I will not allow the cancel culture to subvert what I know and as importantly, what they know, is the truth.”



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Portia de Rossi Offers Ellen DeGeneres Emotional Support in Season 18 Premiere of Her Show

00160057

WENN

The TV host reportedly ‘didn’t hold anything back’ in her monologue in the premiere episode of her show, which is slated to return on Monday following toxic workplace allegations.

AceShowbiz
Ellen DeGeneres reportedly will be completely honest about toxic workplace allegations when she kicks off upcoming season 18 of her talk show “The Ellen DeGeneres Show“. According to a new report, the TV host “didn’t hold anything back” in her monologue in the premiere on Monday, September 21.

“It was poignant and funny and very much a candid take on what happened over the summer,” said a source to PEOPLE of Ellen’s monologue. “She understands her audience wants to hear from her and is looking forward to talking directly to them on Monday.”

“Ellen has come away from this reinvigorated and devoted to working hand-in-hand with the staff to bring joy and humor to the fans,” the source continued. “Ellen is excited to be back on set and wants this to be the best season yet.”

It was also said that Ellen was “connecting with the staff over Zoom.” The insider went on to claim that the host “knows that it’s on her to make sure everyone feels like they’re being heard and valued.”

Her wife Portia de Rossi was also there to offer Ellen an emotional support during the filming of the premiere episode. Noting that it was “an emotional moment for everyone,” the informant added the crew applauded when the host walked off the set as “she thanked everyone.”

“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” was initially slated to return on September 9, but it was delayed following mounting allegations about toxic workplace leveled against the show. That prompted Warner Bros. to launch an internal investigation in July.

It concluded in August with Ellen sharing the results to her 270 employees in an emotional video conference during which she apologized. At the time, Ellen also revealed that three top producers, Ed Glavin, Kevin Leman and Jonathan Norman, departed the show.

Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Perrie Edwards | Perrie Edwards wishes social media ‘never existed’

Perrie Edwards wishes that social media ”never existed”.

The 27-year-old Little Mix singer feels that the downsides of sites such as Twitter and Instagram outweigh the positives and wouldn’t care if the sites weren’t available.

She told BBC Breakfast: ”There isn’t too much about it that’s decent. I just wish it never existed.”

Perrie – who performs in the band alongside Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall – also revealed that she feels a sense of guilt if she doesn’t keep fans updated with what’s happening with the band.

She said: ”I feel guilty when I don’t post enough. I feel bad for our fans that do want to see us post. It’s trying to find a balance.”

Jade, 27, described social media as both ”a blessing and a curse” for the group and revealed that she stops herself from checking her phone when she wakes up.

She explained: ”When I wake up I’ve got a little ban on my phone so I can’t get on it past 10 am. It’s actually really good because then you’re not obsessed over it. Social media is a blessing and a curse. For us it’s such a big platform and hugely beneficial. ”

Jesy – who has been open about her experiences at the hands of cruel online trolls – feels that the group are ”a lot better” with social media than in the past.

The 29-year-old singer said: ”I think we’re a lot better with social media than what we used to be. I think we’re not on it as much as we used to be, we’re not as obsessed with it. I can’t be on it all the time because I know, for me, mentally it’s not good. I admire people who don’t have social media. I think it’s so refreshing when I meet people that don’t have it.”



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ronnie Wood Gets Candid About Reason Behind His Sobriety in New Documentary

00160030

Instagram

The Rolling Stones member opens up about the moment he realized it was time to get clean, while his bandmate Mick Jagger talks in ‘Somebody Up There Likes Me’ about the guitarist’s initial struggles.

AceShowbiz
Ronnie Wood vowed to get clean and give up drugs and booze after realising his vices were turning him into an unpleasant, “sour person”.

The Rolling Stones star gets candid about his addiction and sobriety in new documentary “Somebody Up There Likes Me (2020)“, which chronicles the guitarist’s amazing life and career, and reveals one last bender made him realise it was time to quit – and get help.

“Nothing was working,” he says in the film. “The coke wasn’t working. The drink wasn’t working. (I) tried one more to see if I could cut through it and I turned into this sour person. I thought, ‘This is not me’. Took the brave move again, but this time for myself, to try and abstain and clean up my act.”


Bandmate Mick Jagger admits Wood struggled with sobriety at first – but really wanted to get clean.

“It’s really hard to do,” the singer says in the film, “but he knew that he wanted to do it, which is obviously part of the thing. If you don’t want to do it, it’s really impossible. But he wanted to do it and found it really difficult to do.”

The Mike Figgis-directed documentary is now available digitally in many territories and Wood reveals the title came from the phrase he used after cancer surgery added years to his life.

“When they operated on my cancer, they took away my emphysema,” he says in the film. “They said my lungs were as if I’d never smoked. I thought…, ‘Somebody up there likes me!'”