Connect with us

Tanya Roberts’ representative has claimed the star is still alive, despite confirming she had passed away this week.

The former Bond Girl was believed to have passed away on Sunday (03.01.21) at the age of 65, after she collapsed near her home in the Hollywood Hills when walking her dogs on Christmas Eve (24.12.20) and was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.

News of her passing was confirmed by her friend and representative Mike Pingel, but he has now retracted his statement, and says Tanya is still alive, although she remains in hospital.

Mike told TMZ that Tanya’s husband, Lance, got a call just after 10am on Monday (04.01.21) from the hospital saying Tanya was still alive, after he was previously convinced she had passed away.

In a previous statement, Mike had said: “I feel like a light has been taken away. To say she was an angel would be at the top of the list. She was the sweetest person you’d ever meet and had a huge heart. She loved her fans, and I don’t think she realised how much she meant to them.”

After news of her alleged passing first broke, stars flooded social media with tributes to the Bond star, who is best known for her role as geologist Stacey Sutton in the 1985 Bond movie ‘A View To A Kill’, in which she starred opposite Sir Roger Moore in his final film as the suave spy.

Britt Ekland – who played Mary Goodnight in the 1974 Bond movie ‘The Man with the Golden Gun’ – wrote on Twitter: “Rip Tanya Roberts, once a Bond Girl always a Bond Girl!”

Whilst film producer Jonathan Sothcott also paid tribute, writing on Twitter: “A View To A Kill has always been the 007 film I enjoyed the most and I’m awfully sad to hear leading lady #TanyaRoberts has died at just 65 – she was the consummate 80s Bond girl and had a lovely chemistry with Roger. A Hollywood star from another, more glamourous age gone. RIP. (sic)”

According to TMZ, several members of Tanya’s family and friends also contacted the publication on Sunday to confirm Lance had told them of Tanya’s death, and it’s not yet known how the emotionally distressing mistake happened.



Source link

0

Entertainment

Dennis Quaid | Dennis Quaid to star in On A Wing and A Prayer

dennis quaid 2228241

Dennis Quaid is set to star in ‘On A Wing and A Prayer’.

The 66-year-old actor has been lined up to take on the lead role in the upcoming faith-based family drama from MGM and LightWorkers, in which he will star as Doug White, a passenger on a plane who is forced to land the aircraft safely when the small-town pilot flying the plane dies unexpectedly.

‘On A Wing and A Prayer’ is based on an astonishing true story, and follows Doug’s journey to save his family from insurmountable danger.

For Dennis, the project will mark his third movie alongside filmmaker Sean McNamara – who is helming the drama – following ‘Soul Surfer’, and the upcoming biopic ‘Reagan’, in which Dennis plays the title role as the 40th US President.

Brian Egeston wrote the screenplay for ‘On A Wing and A Prayer’, which is being produced by Roma Downey and Autumn Bailey-Ford, whilst Mark Burnett will executive produce the project.

MGM Motion Picture Group Chairman Michael De Luca and President Pamela Abdy said in a statement to Deadline: “On a Wing and a Prayer is a gripping take on a very real survivor story and illuminates the remarkable power of the human spirit. Doug White is the definition of a hero. We are thrilled to partner with Mark, Roma and Autumn, and couldn’t have asked for a better star in Dennis to bring this unbelievable true story to life.

Whilst Roma Downey added: “This gripping story has so many layers, I couldn’t put the script down. At the heart of this true story is a man thrown into every passenger’s worst nightmare as he sees his pilot die mid-air at the controls. What happens next will have you on the edge of your seat, and with Dennis Quaid in the lead role you won’t be able to take your eyes off the screen.”

As of the time of writing, ‘On A Wing and A Prayer’ doesn’t have a set release date, but it will be released through MGM’s distribution and marketing joint venture United Artists Releasing.



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Princess Diana | First-look image of Kristen Stewart in Spencer as filming begins

kristen stewart as princess diana in spencer 2228240

Principal photography has begun on Princess Diana biopic, ‘Spencer’.

The Pablo Larraín-helmed feature has officially begun filming, with a first-look image of leading actress Kristen Stewart in her role as the late Princess of Wales – who was known as Lady Diana Spencer before marrying Prince Charles – released on Wednesday (27.01.21).

The image shows Kristen dressed in black and a striking red coat, with her hair style in the short blonde bob that the late royal – who died in a car crash in 1997 – was known for.

In a press release, Kristen said of the film: “’Spencer’ is a dive inside an emotional imagining of who Diana was at a pivotal turning point in her life. It is a physical assertion of the sum of her parts, which starts with her given name; Spencer. It is a harrowing effort for her to return to herself, as Diana strives to hold onto what the name Spencer means to her.”

Alongside Kristen, Timothy Spall, Sally Hawkins, and Sean Harris also star.

‘Spencer’ will focus on one weekend in the life of Princess Diana, as she spends the Christmas holiday with the royal family at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, and decides to leave her marriage to Prince Charles.

The film was written by Steven Knight, and is being produced by Juan de Dios Larraín for Fabula Films, Jonas Dornbach and Janine Jackowski for Komplizen Film, and Paul Webster for Shoebox Films.

The producers said in a joint statement: “We are extremely grateful for the support of our distributors worldwide, our partners and funders who have shown tremendous commitment to us in these extraordinary times.

“With Kristen Stewart, Steven Knight and the rest of our fantastic team both in front and behind the camera we are bringing ‘Spencer’ to the world. It is an independently produced film made for the big screen about an iconic woman’s own declaration of independence. We couldn’t be more excited!”

Executive producers are Tom Quinn, Jeff Deutchman and Christina Zisa for NEON and Michael Bloom, Maria Zuckerman and Ryan Heller for Topic Studios.



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kate Upton | Kate Upton reveals what inspired her wellness line Found Active

kate upton 2227756

Kate Upton created her Found Active line to make everyone feel “confident inside their own body”.

The 28-year-old model has just launched a range of beauty products in partnership with HatchBeauty Brands, and she’s explained how important it was to create skincare and cosmetics that are both “affordable and accessible” and make people embrace their natural beauty.

Referring to HatchBeauty Brands founder Tracy Holland, she explained: “I met with Tracy years and years ago.

“We were both talking about having a line that’s affordable, that’s natural, that’s accessible for everybody, has a wellness piece and a skincare piece, so people can feel confident inside their own body, especially at a time where social media is so prevalent and more and more young people are trying to change their appearance to be more like their Facetune selves.”

The ‘Layover’ actress – who has two-year-old daughter Genevieve with husband Justin Verlander – says the range is ideal for busy moms who need an “extra” energy kick.

She told WWD.com: “All of these things help you live the best, more fulfiled life or they aid you to be able to do that.

“Everyone is so busy these days and having that extra energy boost and obviously immune support is so important right now, being able to recover from a long day with your kids or working out or stressful work and having that restful sleep.”

The range includes body sprays, face pads, face serums, liquid eyeliner and supplements, with a price range of just $11 to $23.

Head over to Foundactive.com to shop the line.



Source link

0
Continue Reading

Trending